Friday, December 14, 2007

A Long, Quick Food Week

It has been one of those weeks where you get little sleep, little nutrients and end up with lengthy stare sessions. It's been a while since I've had one.

Work has been busy, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night I worked 11pm-3am and still made my shift at 7am-1pm. That kind of schedule really messes with your sleep. I took many 1 hour long naps, but still don't believe myself to have caught up yet.

The changes I was responsible for went very well. Anytime you have to update the kernel on 60 servers (affecting some 1000+ customers) it can be nerve racking. Luckily I had some time to prepare and was situated to make the changes very quickly with only one hiccup.

This evening is our work Christmas party. Should be a great time, free food, free drink and a locale all to ourselves. It'll be my first Christmas party with this company so I look forward to it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: